Grants and Funding
The Northern Tablelands Local Land Services is committed to working with landholders to invest in the long term sustainability of this region.
When we offer assistance and support to the community in the form of grants, we consider each grant project to be a partnership with Northern Tablelands Local Land Services.
Trees on Farms & Healthy Rivers Projects
Trees on Farms and Healthy Rivers project funding is available to individual landholders and groups for on-ground works that achieve improved natural resource management on-farm. Activities that are eligible for funding include but are not limited to:
- Protecting and managing waterways
- Providing alternate water points where stock are excluded from water sources
- Planting shelter belts or wind breaks with native trees or shrubs (must be at least 1ha in size)
- Improving habitat for threatened species
- Protecting and managing existing native vegetation
- Revegetation on-farm, protecting paddock trees and encouraging natural regeneration.
- Funding is for on-ground works only
Expressions of Interest close on 31 August 2016.
The process for applying for Trees on Farms & Healthy Rivers Project funding is as follows:
Step 1: Read the Trees on Farms & Healthy Rivers Projects Guidelines (PDF 248KB).
Step 2: Print and complete the Expression of Interest Form (PDF 143KB)
Step 3: Email the completed Expression of Interest Form to us, post it to PO Box 411, Inverell 2360 or drop it into any Northern Tablelands Local Land Services office (Inverell, Glen Innes, Armidale or Tenterfield).
If you have any queries, please contact:
- Iestyn Taylor for Trees on Farms projects on 02 6770 2008
- Andrew Walsh for Healthy Rivers projects on 02 6720 8318
The On-ground Partnership Grants Assessment Plan is a guide that will be used by Northern Tablelands Local Land Services staff to assess the Trees on Farms and Healthy Rivers project proposals that are generated from Expressions of Interest due on 31 August 2016. If you have any queries please contact Liz Blair on 02 6720 8306.